2022 Indy Pride Parade
The Indy Pride Parade is an exciting and visible symbol of Indiana’s LGBTQ+ community. Each year, hundreds participate and thousands line downtown streets for what has grown to be Indiana’s largest parade—for any cause or celebration.
As the parade has continued to grow, it has become important to manage growth and focus on the quality of the experience and safety for spectators and everyone participating. To this end, in 2022 we are introducing an application process and awards program to recognize participants who excel in the presentation of their parade entry.
What is the date and time for the 2022 Indy Pride Parade?
The Parade is on Saturday, June 11th, 2022, from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Entry Applications & Deadlines:
We have a limited number of participant spots in the parade. Entry applications will be reviewed based on three application deadlines: Early Bird Registration (Feb. 4 – Feb. 28), Regular Registration (Mar. 1 – Apr. 15), and Late Registration (Apr.16 – May 15). Registration prices increase as we get closer to the parade date so we encourage you to apply early. Once available spots are filled, approved applicants will be waitlisted in case additional spots become available.
You begin the parade application process by completing the questions on our online application form. CLICK HERE to complete the application.
Entries will be reviewed and should conform with the mission of Indy Pride. All entries are subject to approval by the Parade Committee and all decisions are final.
Organizations whose primary mission is to serve the LGBTQ+ Community will receive a complimentary entry. If you believe you qualify, please CLICK HERE and fill out the LGBTQ+ Organization application.
Parade Registration Pricing
Early Bird Registration (Feb. 4 – Feb. 28):
Application deadline: February 28th
Acceptance notification: by March 15th
Payment deadline: March 31st
$350.00 Non-Profits / Government Orgs / Political Organizations
$450.00 Medical Institutions / Colleges & Universities
$550.00 Businesses / Corporations
Regular Registration: (Mar. 1 – Apr. 15)
Application deadline: April 15th
Acceptance notification: by April 30th
Payment deadline: May 15th
$450.00 Non-Profits / Government Orgs / Political Organizations
$550.00 Medical Institutions / Colleges & Universities
$650.00 Businesses / Corporations
Late Registration: (Apr. 16 – Apr. 30)
Application deadline: April 30th
Acceptance notification: by May 15th
Payment deadline: May 30th
$550.00 Non-Profits / Government Orgs / Political Organizations
$650.00 Medical Institutions / Colleges & Universities
$750.00 Businesses / Corporations
If your organization/business is selected to participate, please note: Members of your organizations are welcome to hand items to spectators. However, you MAY NOT throw or toss items from your float, vehicle or participating group. Glitter cannons are prohibited.
Judges will be selected by the parade committee and scored based on overall appearance, craftsmanship, safety, participants and, of course, pride. Each category winner will receive an award and bragging rights for being the best-in-show at the Indy Pride Parade.
Awards will be presented from the Main Stage during the Pride Festival.
- The Monument Award – Best Overall entry representing the Indianapolis LGBTQ+ Community
- Parade Director Award – Best Overall Float Entry
- Best Float – Commercial (business or corporation)
- Best Float – Non-Commercial (nonprofits, social organizations, NGOs, government-affiliated organizations)
- Best Decorated Vehicle – Commercial (business or corporation)
- Best Decorated Vehicle – Non-Commercial (nonprofits, social organizations, NGOs, government-affiliated organizations)
- Diversity Award – Best float or decorated vehicle celebrating the LGBTQ+ Community
- Community Ally Award – Best float or decorated vehicle by an LGBTQ+ Community Supporter (commercial or non-commercial)
- Best Social Organization Entry – best float or decorated vehicle by a social group (organized nonprofit or not)
- Best Youth/Student Entry – Best float or decorated vehicle by a youth or student group
- Light It Up Award – Best use of lighting in a float or decorated vehicle
- Hot Wheels Award – Best Motorcycle/Car Club group entry
- Painted for the Gods Award – Best float or decorated vehicle with drag performer(s)
- Rainbow Award – Best Use of Pride (Rainbow) Colors
- Best Visiting Pride Award – float or decorated vehicle representing a community Pride from outside Indianapolis
- Best Use of Music Award – float, decorated vehicle or marching group with music as a part of the presentation
Will I need insurance to participate?
If you are selected, you will need to present a certificate of insurance with Indy Pride, Inc. as an insured party. If you do not have insurance, you will be required to sign a liability waiver at the Parade. More details to come.
What is your refund/cancellation policy?
REFUND POLICY / CANCELLATION / NO SHOWS: A 75% refund will be given with a written request received by March 31st, 2022. A 50% refund will be given with a written request received by April 30th, 2022. No refunds will be given for any request received after April 30th, 2022. Parade participants understand that Indy Pride, Inc. has no control over the weather, acts of terrorism, government intervention, COVID-19 restrictions, or any other cause that may prevent, alter, and/or interrupt the Parade. Participants shall hold Indy Pride, Inc. harmless for any losses that could arise because of such an event. Indy pride, Inc. does not refund fees due to weather.
Ready to apply?
CLICK HERE to complete the 2022 Indy Pride Parade Application!
Interested in becoming a Parade or Festival sponsor? Email [email protected] for sponsorship information.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact [email protected].
**We are actively monitoring COVID-19 developments and will continue to do so throughout the coming months. With help from local health officials and our own Health Advisory Committee, Indy Pride will make final determinations on all health protocols closer to each of our planned events.