2020 Indy Pride Parade Presented by Delta Faucet Company
The Indy Pride Parade is an exciting and visible symbol of Indiana’s LGBTQ+ community. Each year, hundreds participate and thousands line downtown streets for what has grown to be Indiana’s largest parade—for any cause or celebration.
As the parade has continued to grow, it has become important to manage growth and focus on the quality of the experience and safety for spectators and everyone participating. To this end, in 2020 we are introducing an application process and awards program to recognize participants who excel in the presentation of their parade entry.
What is the date and time for the 2020 Indy Pride Parade?
The Parade is on Saturday, June 13th, 2020, from 10am-12pm.
Entry Applications & Deadlines:
We have a limited number of participant spots in the parade. Entry applications will be reviewed based on three application deadlines: Round One, Round Two and Final Round. Pricing increases as we get closer to parade date so we encourage you to apply early. Once available spots are filled, approved applicants will be waitlisted in the case additional spots become available.
You begin the parade application process by completing the questions via the online form here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Z975SD2
Entries will be reviewed and should conform with the mission of Indy Pride. All entries are subject to approval by the Parade Committee and all decisions are final.
Organizations whose primary mission is to serve the LGBTQ+ Community will receive a complimentary entry. If you believe you qualify, please email email@example.com
Round One (Early bird):
Application deadline: January 15th
Acceptance notification: by January 31st
Payment deadline: Feb 29th
$350.00 LGBTQ+ Orgs /Non-Profits / NGOs / Government Orgs / Political Organizations
$450.00 Medical Institutions / Colleges & Universities
Application deadline: February 29th
Acceptance notification: by March 15th
Payment deadline: April 15th
$450.00 LGBTQ+ Orgs /Non-Profits / NGOs / Government Orgs / Political Organizations
$550.00 Medical Institutions / Colleges & Universities
Application deadline: March 31st
Acceptance notification: by April 15
Payment deadline: May 15th
$550.00 LGBTQ+ Orgs /Non-Profits / NGOs / Government Orgs / Political Organizations
$650.00 Medical Institutions / Colleges & Universities
If your organization/business is selected to participate, please note: Members of your organizations are welcome to hand items to spectators. However, you may NOT throw or toss items from your float, vehicle or participating group. Glitter cannons are prohibited.
Judges will be selected by the parade committee and scored based on overall appearance, craftsmanship, safety, participants and, of course, pride. Each category winner will receive a plaque and bragging rights for being the best in show at the Indy Pride Parade.
Awards will be presented from the Main Stage during the Pride Festival.
- The Monument Award – Best Overall entry representing the Indianapolis LGBTQ+ Community
- Parade Director Award – Best Overall Float Entry
- Best Float – Commercial (business or corporation)
- Best Float – Non-Commercial (nonprofits, social organizations, NGOs, government affiliated organizations)
- Best Decorated Vehicle – Commercial (business or corporation)
- Best Decorated Vehicle – Non-Commercial (nonprofits, social organizations, NGOs, government affiliated organizations)
- Diversity Award – Best float or decorated vehicle celebrating the LGBTQ+ Community
- Community Ally Award – Best float or decorated vehicle by an LGBTQ+ Community Supporter (commercial or non-commercial)
- Best Social Organization Entry – best float or decorated vehicle by a social group (organized nonprofit or not)
- Best Youth/Student Entry – Best float or decorated vehicle by a youth or student group
- Light It Up Award – Best use of lighting in a float or decorated vehicle
- Hot Wheels Award – Best Motorcycle/Car Club group entry
- Painted for the Gods Award – Best float or decorated vehicle with drag performer(s)
- Rainbow Award – Best Use of Pride (Rainbow) Colors
- Best Visiting Pride Award – float or decorated vehicle representing a community Pride from outside Indianapolis
- Best Use of Music Award – float, decorated vehicle or marching group with music as a part of the presentation
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.