Indy Pride Virtual Celebration
We are working hard to build engaging digital programming that centers BIPOC voices and leadership through our live-streamed channels!
BIPOC stands for Black, Indigenous, and People Of Color.
Indy Pride has intentionally dedicated our 2020 virtual festival to center the voices, experiences, and leadership of BIPOC LGBTQ+ community members. We acknowledge, as a predominantly white institution, we have work to do to better to represent and serve queer, trans, Black, indigenous, and people of color who are members of our larger community.
We believe that Black lives matter. We recognize the first Pride celebration was a protest lead by trans women of color, Marsha P. Johnson and Sylvia Rivera.
We acknowledge the fight against police brutality is a part of the LGBTQ+ movement. We stand in solidarity with those who fight against injustice and shine a light on their work.
Indy Pride hosts Pat Yo Weave, Halle Pino, and Tia Mirage Hall will be taking us through this day of recognition, healing, learning, and celebration as we showcase BIPOC leadership, history, and talent within our community!
? Here is our lineup of programming throughout the day:
- 2:00pm — Indy Pride Virtual Celebration Welcome
- 2:05pm — Performance by The Tuesday-Xavier Collective
- 2:15pm — Interview with the Indianapolis Men’s Chorus
- 2:25pm — Meditation and Reflections on Healing Justice with Haven Yoga Studio
- 3:00pm — Performance by Okara Imani
- ? Cocktail Break Presented by Bacardi
- 3:30pm — Drag Queens on Indiana Ave Virtual Fireside Chat with Stephen Lane and Devon Ginn
- 4:00pm — Performance by The Palace
- 4:25pm — Meditation and Healing Arts by Star
- ? Cocktail Break Presented by Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- 5:00pm — Anti-Racism for the White LGBTQ+ Community Presentation by Indy SURJ – Showing Up for Racial Justice Indiana
- ? Cocktail Break Presented by 1800 Tequila
- 6:15pm — Performance by Phoenix Rising Dance Company
- 6:30pm — Performance by Huckleberry Funk
- 6:50pm — Performance by Lex Allen
- ? Cocktail Break Presented by Jack Daniels
- 7:20pm — Virtual Dance Party with Kid DJ, DJ BK
- 8:20pm — Virtual Dance Party with DJ Big Baby
? RSVP using the “Get Tickets” button to receive updates about the program as we begin to finalize our entertainment schedule.
? ASL interpreters will be provided throughout the entire program.
Indy Pride is teaming up with QUIT NOW INDIANA to encourage healthy lifestyles for all members of our community with all Pride events being tobacco-free. For support and resources to quit tobacco, visit them at quitnowindiana.com or call 1-800-QUIT NOW.