Anti-Racism Education and Community Conversations
Join the Indy Pride Education Series on ? February 18th for Anti-Racism Education and Community Conversations led by guest facilitator, Star Adita. The event will begin with an anti-racism training and then attendees will be grouped into small, focused conversations.
Learning objectives for the training:
- Learn to discuss systematic racism with peers
- Explore societal norms that are rooted in biases
- Understand how to look through an anti-racism frame of reference
Topics for the community conversations:
- How do we create brave spaces with peers to discuss racism in the United States?
- How can white people show up for BIPOC?
- What does transformative justice look like for BIPOC?
? Space is limited. RSVP using the “Tickets” button to get the details on your calendar.
? To request an ASL interpreter, email [email protected]
? You will receive the link to join the event via email 1 hour prior to the event start time.
ABOUT STAR ADITA
Stardust Adita is a resident of Indianapolis and citizen of the world. She facilitates/trains communities and organizations on race, gender, and human rights. She has taught yoga and meditation for over 15 years. Her art and activism is based on the fact that people should be who they are and feel safe to do so. To quote Audre Lorde “Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.”
Indy Pride supports healthy lifestyle choices and resources for our community members. If you or someone you know would like support or resources to quit tobacco, visit our friends at www.quitnowindiana.com or call their hotline at 1-800-QUIT-NOW.