Indy Pride Festival Clear Bag Policy
May 7, 2023 • [email protected]
Clear Bag Policy for Indy Pride Festival:
To ensure the safety and security of all attendees, staff, and volunteers at the Indy Pride Festival, the following clear bag policy will be enforced at all festival venues:
- All bags brought into the festival must be clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and may not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″ in size. This includes purses, handbags, backpacks, messenger bags, and any other type of bag. Exceptions may be made for medical and diaper bags.
- Small clutch bags or wallets that do not exceed 4.5″ x 6.5″ may be carried in addition to a clear bag.
- All bags and purses will be subject to inspection at entry points. Inspection may include visual inspection, physical search, and the use of metal detectors or other security equipment.
- Attendees may be asked to remove items from their bags before presenting them for inspection. This includes phones, cameras, keys, and any other items.
- Attendees who refuse to have their bags inspected will not be allowed to enter the festival.
- Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection. Attendees with medically necessary items should alert security personnel at the entry point.
- Diaper bags are allowed and will be subject to inspection.
- Backpacks, and purses that do not comply with the clear bag policy will not be allowed into the festival.
- No oversized bags or backpacks will be allowed, including but not limited to: duffel bags, and luggage.
- Any item that is illegal, dangerous, or prohibited by festival rules will not be allowed into the festival.
- The Indy Pride Festival is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- All attendees are encouraged to travel light and leave unnecessary items at home. This will help speed up the entry process and ensure a safe and enjoyable festival experience for everyone.
NO backpacks, purses or bags are allowed to be brought into the venue, EXCEPT for the following:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12.” ;
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags, i.e. Ziploc bag or something similar;
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand (and that do not exceed4.5″ x 6.5”), with or without a handle or strap; and
- Clear plastic Hydration packs (empty upon entry), i.e. clear plastic CamelBak bag or something similar.
- YES Flags
- YES Strollers
- YES Binoculars
- YES Cameras
- YES Chairs (Carrying bags for chairs will be subject to searches)
- YES Chapstick and Lip Balm
- YES Small Coolers no larger than 14″ x 9″ x 14″ in size for medical purposes only
- YES Ear Plugs
- YES Eye Drops
- YES Menstrual Hygiene Items
- YES GoPros & Flip Cams
- YES Hand Sanitizer and Baby Wipes
- YES Hats
- YES Makeup
- YES Medication
- YES Mobile Phones and Chargers
- YES Poncho & Rain Jackets
- YES Service Animals
- YES Sunblock
- YES Sunglasses
- YES One unopened non alcoholic beverage. Free water will be given away at hydration stations.
- YES food items if needed for medical reasons i.e. diabetes, gluten intolerance, lactose intolerance, etc.
We appreciate your cooperation in adhering to this clear bag policy. Thank you for helping to make the Indy Pride Festival a safe and welcoming space for all.