What are the event details?
The Indy Pride Virtual Career Fair will occur on Tuesday, October 6th, 2020 from 11a.m. – 2p.m. and will take place through private virtual meetings on Zoom. Indy Pride will launch an extensive social media marketing campaign to advertise the event and will connect the registered participants directly to the employers through an online scheduling platform. Participating organizations will then facilitate 15 minute 1:1 meetings with candidates via Zoom.
How will employers be able to connect with potential employees?
Each organization will set-up an online appointment calendar through Calendly for career fair attendees to schedule 15 minute 1:1 interviews. When a candidate creates an appointment, it is the responsibility of each organization to confirm and follow through with the online Zoom meeting with the candidate.
How will the Virtual Career Fair be advertised?
Indy Pride will advertise the event on our social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIN and through our extensive community email listserv.
Indy Pride will provide each organization with a media kit to assist with their own promotion of their participation in the event through their online platforms. This kit will include social media graphics, online event page links and drafted social media copy.
Are there any costs associated with participating in this event?
There is a $500 registration fee for organizations to participate.
This event will be free for the public to attend.
What level of roles or types of positions are candidates seeking that attend this event?
Candidates with a variety of skill levels and expertise attend this event. All positions from entry-level to executive positions are welcome for exhibition and interview at the career fair. We have historically showcased employers from a wide variety of industries, encouraging job candidates with a wide variety of skill sets to participate.
What additional information do employers need to know?
Each participating organization must submit:
- Recruiter contact name, email and phone number
- Brief description (1-2 sentences) of your organization
- Free or paid Calendly account to schedule virtual meetings with candidates
- Indy Pride will send the link to your open schedule to registered participants so that they can schedule their 1:1 session with your team.
- Free or paid Zoom account to provide meeting room links to candidates
- Once your 1:1 sessions are scheduled, your organization will be responsible for sending your Zoom meeting room link directly to your virtual meeting participants.
- Recruitment video (optional) and digital materials for Indy Pride to promote your company through our online platforms
NOTE: Indy Pride will provide ASL interpreters upon request.
- Attendees will be directed to request an ASL interpreter from the employer when scheduling their 1:1 meeting. The employer will then be able to coordinate an ASL interpreter by emailing email@example.com.